Friday, November 18, 2011

Scripture to think about: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is more than a day for grandma to showcase her good 'ol fashion cooking; it is also a time to give thanks to the Lord. Below are several bible verses to help get your spirits flowing for Thanksgiving:

Psalm 30:11-12

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.

Psalm 69:30

I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

2 Corinthians 9:11

You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

Ephesians 5:3-4

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.

Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment